Advanced Search  
printer Print View 
Law and Government Overview
Prevent and Solve Legal Problems
Finding and Working with Lawyers
Resources for K-12 Teachers
Resources for the Media


Name Change


General Information (5)
Changing the Name of a Child (2)
Dept. Of Licensing (3)

Browse all the Lawforwa Resources on Name Change

show all | pages: 1 2 sort resources alphabetically
Showing items 1 - 5 of 9    < Previous page    Next page >
Resource Description:
Questions answered by the resource:

Adult Name Change at Marriage and Divorce
Source: Northwest Justice Project

Information regarding name changes when married or when divorced.
full description

Department of Licensing -- Affidavit of Name Change
Source: Washington State Department of Licensing

Directions on how to change a Certificate of Ownership (title) when the owner's name has changed. Includes links to local licensing offices and a PDF version of the Affidavit of Name Change form.
full description

If I move or change my name, do I have to notify the Department of Licensing?
Source: Washington State Department of Licensing

A summary of the Washington State Department of Licensing's procedure for changing the name on a driver's license.
full description

Affidavit of Name Change - Vehicle Title Requirement
Source: Washington State Department of Licensing

Form which accompanies an application for a Certificate of Ownership (title) to change the name currently shown on the computer record and your printed Certificate of Ownership. The current title must be submitted with the Affidavit of Name Change.
full description

Petition for Name Change - Minor Child
Source: King County District Court

Form used to request a name change for a person's minor child. This form is specific to the King County District Courts. If you live outside King County, please see for information on the Petition for Name Change for your county.
full description