Advanced Search  
printer Print View 
Law and Government Overview
Prevent and Solve Legal Problems
Finding and Working with Lawyers
Resources for K-12 Teachers
Resources for the Media


General Information

Browse all the Lawforwa Resources on General Information

show all | pages: 1 2 sort resources alphabetically
Showing items 1 - 5 of 6    < Previous page    Next page >
Resource Description:
Questions answered by the resource:

Center for Law and Social Policy (CLASP)
Source: Center for Law and Social Policy

The website of the Center for Law and Social Policy which includes a variety of publications on topics such as Childbearing and Pregnancy Prevention, Child Care and Early Education, Child Support and Fathers, Child Welfare, Civil Legal Assistance, Couples and Marriage Policy, Disconnected Youth, Postsecondary Education and Training, Prisoner Re-entry, Project for the Future of Equal Justice, Welfare Policy, Work-Life and Workforce Development and Transitional Jobs.
full description

Family Court Services
Source: King County Superior Court

Family Court Services, a program of King County Superior Court, works with parents who have difficulty or confusion with regard to their children following separation, divorce and on-going parental conflicts. Most clients have family law cases pending before the Court.?
full description

Families and Children
Source: US Department of Health and Human Services

A U.S. Department of Health and Human Services website that has links to different agencies and organizations that deal with child health care, adoption, immunization, education and other topics.
full description

Washington Family Court -- RCW 26.12
Source: Washington State Legislature

Links to Washington statutes regarding family court, including laws regarding jurisdiction, the appointment of guardian ad litems, appointment of judges and commissioners, where and when courts may be convened, and priority for proceedings involving children.
full description

Service by Certified Mail or Publication
Source: Northwest Justice Project

This packet applies when you are the petitioner and you must serve the opposing party with the petition and other documents in your case when your case first begins. When you have tried to serve the other party in person but cannot, you can ask the court to allow you to serve by certified mail or publication.
full description