Advanced Search  
Law and Government Overview
Prevent and Solve Legal Problems
Finding and Working with Lawyers
Resources for K-12 Teachers
Resources for the Media

Search Results

You searched for: Who can I complain to about a business?


sort resources alphabetically
Showing items 1 - 3 of 3   
Resource Description:
Questions answered by the resource:

Resolving Disputes Between Consumers and Companies
Source: Better Business Bureau Serving Washington and Oregon

Describes the Better Business Bureau's program for resolving disputes between consumers and companies. The program is voluntary and the Better Business Bureau has no enforcement authority. The program handles complaints involving such issues as "misleading advertising, improper selling practices, non-delivery of goods or services, misrepresentation, un-honored guarantees or warranties, unsatisfactory service, credit or billing problems, contracts not fulfilled, etc." From this page, consumers may elect to file a complaint about a Washington or Oregon business, or link to other Web sites to file complaints about automobile manufacturers or charities.
full description

Resolving Consumer Disputes
Source: Washington State Office of the Attorney General

Describes different venues for resolving Complaints and steps consumers should take in order to enforce their rights. Options covered include small claims court, hiring an attorney, contacting the company involved, settlement, arbitration, and use of third parties such as the Better Business Bureau.
full description

Source: Washington State Office of the Attorney General

Instructions and forms for filing Complaints with the Office of the Attorney General of Washington State. Complaints may be filed online or by mail. Two forms are available: a General Complaint Form and Lemon Law Request for Arbitration. Complaints may be filed online in Spanish.
full description